Mailing List Archive

NFX150 VPLS
Hi Folks,

Happy new year everyone!
I'm trying to configure a VPLS routing-instance on a NFX150 with the latest
update (19.3R2.9).
When I try to commit, I get the following error message :
root@cpe-hq# commit
[edit routing-instances]
'vpls-cust-1'
RT Instance: Route-distinguisher cannot be configured for
non-forwarding instance: vpls-cust-1
[edit interfaces ge-1/0/1 unit 0]
'family'
interface needs to be in a VPLS routing instance to support family VPLS
error: configuration check-out failed

When I look the configuration I see that the instance type VPLS is not
supported ?!
root@cpe-cust-hq# show routing-instances
vpls-cust-1 {
##
## Warning: statement ignored: unsupported platform (nfx150_s1)
##
instance-type vpls;

The NFX150 datasheet says that VPLS is supported on this platform.
Am I missing something?

Thank you
Regards,
Olivier
Re: NFX150 VPLS [ In reply to ]
Looking at the feature explorer, it barely even supports MPLS.

My guess would be that most of the features listed are available in NFVs
that you can install onto the system. The OS running natively just appears
to be a way to orchestrate them.

Regards,
Dave

Re: NFX150 VPLS [ In reply to ]
Last I checked VPLS is not supported on NFX150.
However you can deploy a vSRX as an VNF and that will have MPLS/VPLS
capabilities. Silly, yes.

/Roger