Mailing List Archive

QFX10008 and sFlow
Hi All,

I’m toying around with some QFX10008’s in a customer PoC.
Having some issues with sFlow and can’t find proper documentation in regards to this.

I’m trying to get sFlow samples from ae/LAG’s.

According to documentation:
• You cannot configure sFlow monitoring on a link aggregation group (LAG), but you can configure it individually on a LAG member interface.

ae22 is transporting some L3 subinterfaces with vlan tags
ae22 consists of:
et-0/0/1
et-1/0/3

In the ’set protocols sflow interfaces’ you have to put the logical (.0/.xxx) interface.

In the autocomplete of ’set protocols sflow interfaces’ I found out that the member interfaces of ae22 are listed together with the logical L3 subinterfaces.
For example:
et-0/0/1.511
et-0/0/1.513
et-0/0/1.514
and
et-1/0/3.511
et-1/0/3.513
et-1/0/3.514

I would assume I should just enable sflow for all these member subinterfaces.
This works fine with 1 L3 subinterfaces enabled, however when I want to add multiple I get the following error:

[edit protocols sflow]
'interfaces et-0/0/1.511'
only one ifl is allowed
error: configuration check-out failed

Is this a license limitation? Or am I doing something wrong? Would be a bit weird if an interface can only sample sFlow for a single L3 subinterface.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Re: QFX10008 and sFlow [ In reply to ]
Hi,
you probably don't really want to configure the older sFlow monitoring those days (with its various limitations), what you probably really need is to configure inline IPFIX flow monitoring, as it is supported by QFX10k devices.

Re: QFX10008 and sFlow [ In reply to ]
Iirc enabling it on 1 unit will actually turn it on on all units on sFlow.

Re: IPFIX, it's probably broken, too. At least on the fixed config boxes it
is:

https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1365864