vanishes as expected. I have then configured the interface gr-5/4/0 with
unit 0 but is not being created. It's the same behaviour on a secondary
MX router so I might be missing something. I am running Junos 13.3
respectively 15.1 on the routers I tested this with.

I am unable to identify the reason right now, maybe someone from this
list can help me with that? Thanks in advance!

Best
Jeff
Re: GRE interfaces doesn't show up [ In reply to ]
On DPCs you need to set the bandwidth setting.

set chassis fpc <n> pic <n> tunnel-services bandwidth <10g - 100g>

Be advised that this will burn a 10 gig port for each 10 gigs you assign to tunnel-services.

Regard,
Clay Haynes

Sent from my iPhone

Re: GRE interfaces doesn't show up [ In reply to ]
Hi Jim,

thanks for the quick reply! However, unfortunately that did not do the
job and the interface still doesn't show up, neither with 1g nor 10g for
the bandwidth:

> # show chassis fpc 0
> pic 0 {
>     tunnel-services {
>         bandwidth 10g;
>     }
> }

> # show interfaces gr-0/0/0
> unit 0 {
>     description Tunnel;
>     tunnel {
>         source 1.2.3.4;
>         destination 4.3.2.1;
>     }
> }

> # run show interfaces gr-0/0/0
> error: device gr-0/0/0 not found

Any ideas? :-(

Thanks,
Jeff

Re: GRE interfaces doesn't show up [ In reply to ]
Hi Jeff,

What type of DPC card you're using? As per your initial email I wouldn't
expect PIC 4 on DPC card related to gr-5/4/0 interface to be present as
PICs can take numbers between 0 and 3.
What is your network-services mode (show chassis network-services)?
Is DPC card up (show chassis fpc)?

As per documentation, if you specify a bandwidth that is not compatible,
tunnel services are not activated. For example, you cannot specify a
bandwidth of 1 Gbps for a Packet Forwarding Engine on a 10-Gigabit Ethernet
4-port DPC.
Have you verified with "show interfaces gr-* terse" if any GRE interface is
created?
If you're using DPC 40x1GE then tunnel interfaces shall be gr-x/[0-3]/10
(set chassis fpc X pic Y bandwidth 1g) and with DPC 4x10GE it shall be
gr-x/[0-3]/0 (set chassis fpc X pic Y bandwidth 10g).

Regards,
Wojciech

czw., 29 sie 2019 o 23:40 Jeff Meyers <Jeff.Meyers@gmx.net> napisa?(a):

Re: GRE interfaces doesn't show up [ In reply to ]
Hi Wojciech,

we are using DPCE 4x 10GE R. I had a typo in my original email, xe-5/2/0
would be the correct interface of course but the config matches the
correct numbers.
The network-services mode is "IP"
The DPC is fine since we are using all other ports for ethernet services.

I just tested again on the 2nd router (I originally didn't want to use
for that purpose) and with the bandwidth 10g statement the port is
finally being created on Junos 13. On the Junos 15 router still not
working, the bandwidth is correctly set to 10g. Does it make a different
if an XFP is inserted in the slot..?

Thanks,
Jeff