- I have several QFX5K acting as VXLAN L2 GW
- I'm using multicast mode ingress node replication
- I have a lot of CE's in a multihoming scenario

In this case I'm not finding how to control the DF/BDF election on QFX.
On MX you can configure designated-forwarder-preference-least to achieve
this.

Any help is appreciated.

mt

Re: DF/BDF Election EVPN [ In reply to ]
Appears to only be on MX, as of today, although I might expect it to be at least be in QFX10K configuration. Potentially not yet supported due to lack of testing time. See here:

https://apps.juniper.net/feature-explorer/feature-info.html?fKey=7906&fn=Preference-based%20DF%20election%20for%20EVPN%20and%20PBB-EVPN

Pathfinder => Feature Explorer is how to look for this sort of stuff.

HTH, Rich

Richard McGovern
Sr Sales Engineer, Juniper Networks
978-618-3342

I’d rather be lucky than good, as I know I am not good
I don’t make the news, I just report it

I'm trying to figure out how to load balance the DF election in a
production network. From the documentation it's clear that the EVPN type
4 is used. My scenario is: