route to remote PEs. I see this type 2 route on the remote PEs. So far so good.

From hereon things start to divert from expectation. I expected the remote PE  to install a corresponding host route in its IP VPN VRF with protocol type EVPN. I only see the BGP route via IP VPN VRF in the VRF.inet.0 table. The MAC/IP route is supposed to be the preferred on but I don't even have it.
Where could things be going wrong.
RegardsEnoch

Re: EVPN - no remote route of type EVPN in the L3VPN [ In reply to ]
Forget 14.1R1. Go with 18.1R3-S6 and try again.

/Roger

Re: EVPN - no remote route of type EVPN in the L3VPN [ In reply to ]
Thanks guys,
I got the solution from "MPLS In The SDN Era". On older software versions you need this:
"set routing-options forwarding-table chained-composite-next-hop ingress evpn"
The EVPN route uses "chained-composite-next-hop" and it is on by default in newer versions.

Best regards
Enoch Nyatoti

Forget 14.1R1. Go with 18.1R3-S6 and try again.
/Roger
I have a lab set up on EVE-NG to test EVPN. I am running version 14.1R1.10.

When my local PE router learns a new MAC/IP binding it installs a host route in the IP VPN VRF with protocol type EVPN and a next hop of the VLAN’s IRB interface. This triggers the PE to transmit this host route to remote PEs that are members of the IP VPN via a VPN route advertisement. The remote PEs add this route to their VRF with protocol type BGP.
The PE also advertises the MAC/IP binding via a MAC/IP Advertisement
route to remote PEs. I see this type 2 route on the remote PEs. So far so good.

From hereon things start to divert from expectation. I expected the remote PE  to install a corresponding host route in its IP VPN VRF with protocol type EVPN. I only see the BGP route via IP VPN VRF in the VRF.inet.0 table. The MAC/IP route is supposed to be the preferred on but I don't even have it.