Mailing List Archive

RPM-probes to HTTP proxy server?
Hi all!

I’m trying to set up RPM probes with a SRX (1500, 15.1X49) to a server
(via IPsec tunnel, but that does not really have any bearing on the
problems I’m facing). The server is an external proxy-server for HTTP
requests, and it does not answer icmp-ping requests. Neither does it
answer standard HTTP queries using ”probe-type http-get” (I can see
the TCP session being set up correctly, but no answer).

The server is configured to only handle HTTP proxy requests.

I want to mimic what is possible to do with a Cisco box (this example
works with the same server!):

ip sla 300
http raw http://10.1.1.1
vrf xxx-xxx-xxx
http-status-code-ignore
http-raw-request
GET http://autodiscover-s.outlook.com HTTP/1.0\r\n
\r\n
exit
ip sla schedule 300 life forever start-time now

Is it possible to configure a RPM probe to emit a similar request using
’data-fill’, or perhaps some magic content in ’target url …’
to get this working?

I have not been able to find any documentation on the details necessary
when using ’probe-type http-get’ or ’probe-type
http-metadata-get’.

/Per