Thanks for your help.

-----
Philippe Girard
Re: Junos 18.X on QFX5100 [ In reply to ]
Not QFX5100 yet, but I did make the jump to 18.4R1-S2 for QFX5110 and EX4300--the latter for DHCP Snooping w/Private VLANs. I'm also testing 18.4R1-S2 on EX2300 and EX3400. I've delayed deployment of the EX2300 due to TCAM issues after 18.2 with the IPSG feature.

Re: Junos 18.X on QFX5100 [ In reply to ]
On 2019-05-25 22:38 -0400, Philippe Girard wrote:

> Anyone running production Junos 18.X on QFX5100?
>
> JTAC recommended still says 17.3R3-S4 but I'd really like to jump to 18 for
> some new features it offers.

We have one QFX5100-48S running 18.3R1.9 (the other QFX5100 we have
runs 17.3R3.10). We also have a few EX4600, which is basically the
same as QFX5100, running a mix of 18.2, 18.3, 18.4 and 19.1.

So far, the only problem I have seen is that the Jet Service Daemon
(jsd) and the na-grpc-daemon starts eating 100% CPU after a few weeks
on 18.3, but not the other versions. Restarting them helps; for a
few weeks, then they suddenly eat CPU again. It should also be possible
to disable them if you don't use them (I haven't gotten around to do
that myself, though).

We don't use a huge amount of features, though. OSPF (v2 and v3),
Spanning Tree (MSTP), multiple VRFs, some route-leaking between VRFs,
and DHCP relay. A couple of static routes with BFD as well. No BGP,
no VXLAN, no EVPN, no MPLS.

/Bellman
Re: Junos 18.X on QFX5100 [ In reply to ]
Have end-user running 18.1R3-S3, probably looking to move to 18.1R3-S6 down the road. Multiple standalone QFX5100 as L2 VTEP for EVPN/VXLAN, is main reason on 18.x code.

Rich

Richard McGovern
Sr Sales Engineer, Juniper Networks
978-618-3342

Re: Junos 18.X on QFX5100 [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 26, 2019 at 03:15:48PM +0200, Thomas Bellman <bellman@nsc.liu.se> wrote:

> So far, the only problem I have seen is that the Jet Service Daemon
> (jsd) and the na-grpc-daemon starts eating 100% CPU after a few weeks
> on 18.3, but not the other versions. Restarting them helps; for a
> few weeks, then they suddenly eat CPU again. It should also be possible
> to disable them if you don't use them (I haven't gotten around to do
> that myself, though).

We see the same behaviour with 18.3R1 and regularily need to kill jsd
and na-grpc-daemon.

We run 18.2 to 19.1 and see those processes eating up CPU only on
18.3R1.

We see some IPV6 problems in a VC environment, i.E. PR1413543 and
PR1370329 (RA not working)

We also see problems in IPV6 forwarding, when connected hosts would not
be able to reach the outside until they either ping the IRB gateway or
traffic comes in from the outside.

Re: Junos 18.X on QFX5100 [ In reply to ]
There is a PR for the JSD/gRPC issue -
https://prsearch.juniper.net/InfoCenter/index?page=prcontent&id=PR1398398

You can disable those services in the config for an immediate fix - and
later upgrade.

Kevin

Re: Junos 18.X on QFX5100 [ In reply to ]
Looks like that PR applies to all platforms...not just qfx. Correct?

Product J Series, M Series, T Series, MX-series, EX Series, SRX Series, Customer Care, QFX Series, NFX Series, PTX Series, ACX Series

-Aaron

Re: Junos 18.X on QFX5100 [ In reply to ]
Thanks everyone for the advice, I went with 18.1R3-S5, it's been pretty
stable and I didn't see any CPU abuse so far.

-----
Philippe Girard
514-895-0877