<<<BOOOOOOOM>>>
*18.2R2-S3
Memory Leak BUG
MAC addresses don’t age out BUG

For me this has been a nightmare, bug after bug after bug.
When the IT guys migrate a VM, it breaks.
I have had JTAC case after JTAC case.

regards

Re: IP Fabric EVPN/VXLAN [ In reply to ]
Hi William,

We run into a similar issue by running a mix of pre/post 17.4R1 in our
network. Support for mac-mobility extended community was added in that
release.
Basically, VTEPs running < 17.4 will simply ignore the attached
mac-mobility community (if present) and when a MAC is migrated behind them,
the rt-2 UPDATE will be sent without it. On the other hand, remote VTEPs
(>17.4) will ignore the update due to mac-mobility absence(seq. number of
the old leaf will be higher).

The solution was upgrading everything to > 17.4R1.

Best,
Guillermo