works with Cisco routers.

--
- Matti -
5.7R2.4 another issue: OSPF authentication with Zebra [ In reply to ]
I wrote

> More things showing up with 5.7R2.4. Now, OSPF authentication
> doesn't seem to work at least with Zebra. The authentication with
> the same configuration did work while using 5.6R2.4.

And this issue is already solved.

I got access to the Zebra. In its configuration there were two
keys defined for the interface: one with MD5 and one without.
When the key for non-MD5 authentication was removed, the
adjacency between Juniper and Zebra became full.

I wonder why the configuration did work while using 5.6R2.4.

--
- Matti -
5.7R2.4 another issue: OSPF authentication with Zebra [ In reply to ]
Matti,

With JUNOS 5.7, there are 2 ways to set OSPF authentication,

set protocols ospf area <area-id> interface <intf> authentication ...

or,

set protocols ospf area <area-id> authentication-type <type>
set protocols ospf area <area-id> interface <intf> authentication-key ..

Only the latter will work in 5.6 and the only way I can think of
to have both md5 and simple-password "configured" in a 5.6 router
is to have such configured in 5.7 and have it downgraded, in which
case, the configuration using the first method should be ignored.
This is only a guess.

Please let me know if there are more issues concerning this. Thank
you.

Raymond