return the correct priorities from the CRP advertisements.

Regards ,
Bert
BSR [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 8 May 2003 bert.todts@alcatel.be wrote:

-)
-) Is there any reason why there is only 1 router priority for CRP's iso of
-) a priority / group ?

Probably just because no one has ever asked for it. BSR is very rarely
used- most folks just use static anycast, which gives you all the benefits
of BSR without the warts.

-) With this implementation we can not do predicted group distribution over
-) different RP's . We could use all the same priority and use the hash to
-) distribute the groups over the RP's but than it is not predicted.

Sure it is- that's what the hash does- predictably select an RP per group.
It's predictable, just not easily predictable- you need a calculator.

-Lenny