Mailing List Archive

Console and Aux configuration
Is the emulation and modem (DTE side) set to 9600 8/n/1, and are you
using vt100/ansi emulation? Note that a V.90 modem may connect at
9600 on the telco side while attempting to operate at some different
speed, i.e., 115.2K on the digital side.

At one point you could configure various speeds and async parameters
on the aux/console ports, but at least as far as the baud rate was
concerned, the ports always operated at 9600 Bps regardless of the
configured speed; later JUNOS versions no longer allow speed
configuration, if I am not mistaken.

I know of no "supported" way to disable the console, and would not
recommend it as this could lock you out of the router at some later
time.