Poka?, co czujesz naprawd?! Wyra? uczucia za pomoc? jednego z kilkuset
nowych emotikon?w w najnowszej wersji KONTAKTu.
?ci?gnij program za darmo! < http://kontakt.wp.pl >
implementing filters on all interfaces [ In reply to ]
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003, Adam Szymajda wrote:
> Do you know any way to implement filters on all the interfaces
> simultaneously? I mean sth like cisco's "ip receive acl".

That's not what "ip receive acl" is, AFAIR.

The equivalent behaviour can be achieved using input filter on lo0.0
interface, though.

--
Pekka Savola "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy kingdom bleeds."
implementing filters on all interfaces [ In reply to ]
Please note that a lo0 filter will take effect only for traffic
terminating (input) or originating output) on the local RE, i.e.,
transit traffic is unaffected.

You can use groups to apply filters to "groups" of interfaces:

[edit]
lab@r2# show groups
test {
interfaces {
<*> { <<< catches all, I suggest something more like <fe-*>,
<so-*>, etc.
unit <*> {
family inet {
filter {
input test;
}
}
}
}
}
}

[edit]
lab@r2# show interfaces fe-0/0/0 | display inheritance
unit 0 {
family inet {
##
## 'filter' was inherited from group 'test'
##
filter {
##
## 'test' was inherited from group 'test'
##
input test;
}
address 3.2.1.2/24;
}

implementing filters on all interfaces [ In reply to ]
Greetings,

--On Wednesday, April 23, 2003 08:07 -0700 Harry Reynolds
<harry@juniper.net> wrote:

> You can use groups to apply filters to "groups" of interfaces:
>
> [edit]
> lab@r2# show groups
> test {
> interfaces {
> <*> { <<< catches all, I suggest something more like <fe-*>,
> <so-*>, etc.

Nice trick -- will that also work for vlans? That is <ge-*.56> to match
any GigE interface that has vlan 56 defined within?

Scott
implementing filters on all interfaces [ In reply to ]
Note sure that I follow; the approach I demonstrated catches all
logical units, which should in turn catch all VLAN IDs as there is a
one to one mapping between the two.

Something like:

test {
interfaces {
<fe-*> {
unit <512-526> {
family inet {
filter {
input test;
}
}
}
}
}
}

Should catch all FEs with units in the range of 512-526. If these
units are associated with VLANs, then all the better, I say.

HTHs

implementing filters on all interfaces [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Apr 23, 2003 at 05:15:06PM +0200, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:
> Nice trick -- will that also work for vlans? That is <ge-*.56> to match
> any GigE interface that has vlan 56 defined within?

Yes, but different syntax:

groups {
interface-defaults {
interfaces {
<ge-*> {
unit <56> {
}
}
}
}
}

Best regards,
Daniel
implementing filters on all interfaces [ In reply to ]
Of course, "unit 56" doesn't necessarily mean VLAN-ID 56 unless
you ensure it by convention... :)

implementing filters on all interfaces [ In reply to ]

Hi Scott,

The answer is yes. However, you'd have to do it something like this.

groups {
test {
interfaces {
<fe-*> {
unit 56 {
vlan-id 56;
family inet {
filter {
input test;
}
}
}
}
}
}
}

This would set the vlan-id of unit 56 on every FE port to be 56 and apply
the filter test to that vlan inbound. You must actually create the specific
interface and unit under the main interfaces section (i.e. this doesn't
create the unit if it's not there - but that doesn't matter because each
interface/unit requires a unique IP address :-)

Regards,

Guy