Mailing List Archive

VPLS
Hi,

I am trying to configure VPLS using JUNOS 5.7 and I have a couple
of doubts:

- Will all traffic of the VPLS go through the Tunnel PIC? Known
unicast and unknown unicast/broadcast/multicast
- Which is the performance I can expect?
- If I have several Tunnel PICs, which is the criteria to load
balance traffic? I mean, is a "virtual port" associated to a PIC, and
all traffic for that virtual port goes through that PIC? is a whole
VPLS associated to a PIC?
- Is there any way to configure a full transparent service (tagged
and untagged traffic), that is for all the vlans comming on the
ethernet/gbe port?

Thanks in advance.
Fran.