peer-as 65512;
neighbor 10.10.10.30;
neighbor 10.10.20.1;
neighbor 10.10.30.1;
}

--
many thanks for reply,
Tom
Disable one BGP neighbor [ In reply to ]
tmatss@blant.art.pl (Tomasz Matusiewicz) writes:

> Hello
>
> Is any command available on JunOS to shutdown/disable one BGP
> neighbor ? For example I'd like to shutdown neighbor 10.10.10.30.
> On Cisco I can do this by commands:
>
> router bgp 100
> neighbor 10.10.10.30 shutdown
>
> Piece of my M5 configuration (running JunOS 5.6):
>
> tom@lab3# show protocols bgp
> group PEERS {
> type external;
> advertise-inactive;
> peer-as 65512;
> neighbor 10.10.10.30;
> neighbor 10.10.20.1;
> neighbor 10.10.30.1;
> }
>
> --

# deactivate protocols bgp group PEERS neighbor 10.10.10.30
# commit

Pedro.
Disable one BGP neighbor [ In reply to ]
Try "deactivate <neighbor address>"

Disable one BGP neighbor [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:38:13AM +0200, Tomasz Matusiewicz wrote:
> Is any command available on JunOS to shutdown/disable one BGP
> neighbor ?

No, sadly not. You can just deactivate the neighbor config block
by "deactivate neighbor 10.10.10.30", which effectively removes
it from the active config (and thus you don't see the neighbor
anymore in 'show bgp summary'). Yes, that sucks somewhat. :-)

Best regards,
Daniel
Disable one BGP neighbor [ In reply to ]
On Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:38:13 +0200
Tomasz Matusiewicz <tmatss@blant.art.pl> wrote:

TM> Is any command available on JunOS to shutdown/disable one BGP
TM> neighbor ? For example I'd like to shutdown neighbor 10.10.10.30.
TM> On Cisco I can do this by commands:
TM>
TM> router bgp 100
TM> neighbor 10.10.10.30 shutdown
TM>
TM> Piece of my M5 configuration (running JunOS 5.6):
TM>
TM> tom@lab3# show protocols bgp
TM> group PEERS {
TM> type external;
TM> advertise-inactive;
TM> peer-as 65512;
TM> neighbor 10.10.10.30;
TM> neighbor 10.10.20.1;
TM> neighbor 10.10.30.1;
TM> }

You can use the "deactivate command". Simply type: deactivate protocols
bgp group PEERS neighbor 10.10.10.30.

Commit the change and the neighbor will be deactivated.

Jeremy Wallace
Juniper Networks TAC
jwalla@jtac.juniper.net
(408) 936-2699
Disable one BGP neighbor [ In reply to ]
On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 11:33:07AM -0700, Jeremy Wallace wrote:
> You can use the "deactivate command". Simply type: deactivate protocols
> bgp group PEERS neighbor 10.10.10.30.
>
> Commit the change and the neighbor will be deactivated.

But this is not the same semantics as "disable". With deactivate,
the neighbor completely disappears from the operational enviroment
and is not being listed in "show bgp summary" etc.

Are there any plans (ERs filed?) to get "disable" on peer-group
and neighbor level implemented?

Best regards,
Daniel