* 613-765-7738 / ESN 395-7738

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
ORF [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 11:08:48AM -0500, David Xu wrote:
| ORF
|
| Hi There,
|
| Anybody knows if Juniper support BGP ORF defined in
| ?* IETF RFC draft draft-chen-bgp-prefix-orf-01.txt
| ?* IETF RFC draft draft-ietf-idr-route-filter-02.txt

neither of the two is supported - current state of mind
is that due to the already very efficient policy processing
implementation in JUNOS, the suggestions being mentioned
in the draft don't justify the implementation effort;

/hannes
ORF [ In reply to ]
Hi Hannes,

Thanks for your reply. BTW, do you know any issues if a Juniper PE is
talking to a PE (of other vendors) with BGP-ORF enabled? Or the other end PE
must disable BGP-ORF to have IBGP come up?

Thanks
David Xu

ORF [ In reply to ]
On Fri, Feb 14, 2003 at 04:14:42PM -0500, David Xu wrote:
> Thanks for your reply. BTW, do you know any issues if a Juniper PE is
> talking to a PE (of other vendors) with BGP-ORF enabled? Or the other
> end PE must disable BGP-ORF to have IBGP come up?

This would be a bug, as ORF is a capability, and those get negotiated
upon session setup.

Regards,
Daniel
ORF [ In reply to ]
The ORF is new type of BGP cap via OPEN message. If negotiation failed, the
two peer should come back to the other normal Capabilities.

I'm just wondering how far the ISP trust the ORF prefix list sending from
the other ISP's.

Thks!

Daivd