Thanks

--

--rutz
cflowd [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 05:59:59PM +0100, Antal Rutz wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I have to collect information about the traffic based on AS numbers.
> I thought the best would be to export some statistical sample in cflow
> format and manipulate this data on a remote machine collecting the flow
> with flow-tools.
> OK I configured my router (M10 - 5.4R3.2), but I always get for srcAS
> and dstAS '0'. Both with version 5 and 8.
>
> version 8:
> srcAS dstAS in out flows octets packets duration
> 0 0 30 0 3 248 3 36098
> [...]
>
> version 5:
> srcIP dstIP prot srcAS dstAS octets packets
> 213.177.129.11/0 212.24.164.64/0 1 0 0 6312 6
> [...]
>
> Could someone tell me why juniper flow format doesn't support AS numbers
> or what I'm doing wrong?

If you do "show route" for each of those src and dest IP ranges, does
the router know BGP routes with their real AS path (not just yours)?

-c
Re: cflowd [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jan 16, Clayton Fiske wrote:
> > version 8:
> > srcAS dstAS in out flows octets packets duration
> > 0 0 30 0 3 248 3 36098
> > [...]
> >
> > version 5:
> > srcIP dstIP prot srcAS dstAS octets packets
> > 213.177.129.11/0 212.24.164.64/0 1 0 0 6312 6
> > [...]
> >
> > Could someone tell me why juniper flow format doesn't support AS numbers
> > or what I'm doing wrong?
>
> If you do "show route" for each of those src and dest IP ranges, does
> the router know BGP routes with their real AS path (not just yours)?
I use flow-tools, and everything is OK...

Oops. I found it. I configured only input sampling on the interface.
sorry, my fault.
--

--rutz
Re: cflowd [ In reply to ]
Hi Antal,

Under the cflow.conf, there is this LOCALAS which tells the cflowd to
convert all the "0" to your desired AS. reason is that some routers will
export your AS routes which as number 0 (same goes to the asregex ^$)

I am not sure whether this will help.

CISCOEXPORTER {
HOST: <name>
ADDRESSES: { ip-address }