(Dumb question, I realize; don't ask... ;)

Clues appreciated. Thanks!
-a
bridging in JunOS? [ In reply to ]
As far as I know Juniper does not support "bridging" between
interfaces. The only way do to it is with CCC which is not actually
bridging but more like a repeater, everything comming in, then send it
out through the other interface.

Javier.

bridging in JunOS? [ In reply to ]
On 2003-01-04-10:36:48, fraanro <fraanro@arrakis.es> wrote:
> As far as I know Juniper does not support "bridging" between
> interfaces. The only way do to it is with CCC [...]

which, as I understand it, doesn't work with the non-rev-B gig-e
PIC's... right? :(

Thanks,
-a
bridging in JunOS? [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 17:55, Adam Rothschild wrote:
> On 2003-01-04-10:36:48, fraanro <fraanro@arrakis.es> wrote:
> > As far as I know Juniper does not support "bridging" between
> > interfaces. The only way do to it is with CCC [...]
>
> which, as I understand it, doesn't work with the non-rev-B gig-e
> PIC's... right? :(

correct - CCC doesn't work with rev A GigE PICs :(

Giles

Giles Heron Principal Network Architect PacketExchange Ltd.
ph: +44 7880 506185 "if you build it they will yawn"
bridging in JunOS? [ In reply to ]
On Sun, Jan 05, 2003 at 12:15:37PM +0000, Giles Heron wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-01-04 at 17:55, Adam Rothschild wrote:
> > On 2003-01-04-10:36:48, fraanro <fraanro@arrakis.es> wrote:
> > > As far as I know Juniper does not support "bridging" between
> > > interfaces. The only way do to it is with CCC [...]
> >
> > which, as I understand it, doesn't work with the non-rev-B gig-e
> > PIC's... right? :(
>
> correct - CCC doesn't work with rev A GigE PICs :(

I thought -B was something along the lines of "CCC for Vlans". Nothing on
the website of course.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras@e-gerbil.net> http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras
bridging in JunOS? [ In reply to ]
At 10:55 AM 1/4/2003, Adam Rothschild wrote:
>On 2003-01-04-10:36:48, fraanro <fraanro@arrakis.es> wrote:
> > As far as I know Juniper does not support "bridging" between
> > interfaces. The only way do to it is with CCC [...]
>
>which, as I understand it, doesn't work with the non-rev-B gig-e
>PIC's... right? :(
>
>Thanks,
>-a

The issue is with VLAN-CCC not working on Rev-A pics. For a list of which
PICs are rev A or B, refer to:
http://www.juniper.net/kb/viewnote.jsp?actionBtn=Search&txtNoteNumber=55&viewMode=view

If you have a support contract and need VLAN-CCC on a Rev-A pic, contact JTAC.

Cheers

-Paul

Paul Leet // Field Support Engineer // Juniper Networks
AIM: pleetnet1 // ICQ:104190994 //
Pager mailto:page-pleet@juniper.net
Office: 1-719-687-2587 // Cell: 719-439-9077