'The maximum OC-12 rate is half of the effective line rate and is 276 Mbps'

Is that really true?

Thanks in advance, Miguel Angel.
OC-12 rate [ In reply to ]
Miguel,
I do not know where you read this from.
I can tell you that this is not true.
Juniper can forward packets at line rate (OC-12c) and even at higher
speeds

Thanks
German

OC-12 rate [ In reply to ]
Miguel Angel:

This refers to the traffic shaping parameters of a single VC, not the
interface speed. While this is the case with OC-12 ATM 1 PICs (the ones
available when the book was written), ATM 2 PICs (available now)
support an OC-12 traffic shaping rate of 100%.

Thanks,

/matt