Network Services
Bloomberg LP
email: nkombiyil@bloomberg.com
CoS [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 07:08:41AM -0500, NKombiyil@bloomberg.com wrote:

> Does anyone know if CoS configuration is supported on the ATM (stm-1
> in my case) interfaces?

No, unless it's a ATM2 PIC

/Jesper

--
Jesper Skriver, jesper(at)skriver(dot)dk - CCIE #5456
Senior network engineer @ AS3292, TDC Tele Danmark

CoS [ In reply to ]
Jesper,

Do u know how much cost an OC-3 ATM2 PIC ?

Luciano

> Does anyone know if CoS configuration is supported on the ATM (stm-1
> in my case) interfaces?

No, unless it's a ATM2 PIC

/Jesper

CoS [ In reply to ]
> From: NKombiyil@bloomberg.com
> Sender: juniper-nsp-admin@puck.nether.net
> Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 07:08:41 -0500
>
> Does anyone know if CoS configuration is supported on the ATM (stm-1 in my case) interfaces?

It's not officially supported for ATM1 cards. It will be on the new
ATM2 cards. It should work on ATM1 cards IF you only have a single VC
running on it. (That's usually not too useful.)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)
E-mail: oberman@es.net Phone: +1 510 486-8634
CoS [ In reply to ]
On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 11:41:25AM -0300, Luciano Salata wrote:
> Jesper,
>
> Do u know how much cost an OC-3 ATM2 PIC ?

As far as I know, it's the same price as the "old" ATM1 PIC's

/Jesper

CoS [ In reply to ]
On 30.10.2002 11:41:25 +0000, Luciano Salata wrote:
> Jesper,
>
> Do u know how much cost an OC-3 ATM2 PIC ?

No, as prices varies. You'll have to contact your network supplier.

/Michael

Michael Lyngbøl -- michael at lyngbol dot dk
Network Manager AS3292, TDC Tele Danmark
CoS [ In reply to ]
How could I tell it is an ATM1 or ATM2, by show chassis hardware?

Re: cos [ In reply to ]
Hi Everybody,

my question is....can we have one queue assigned to different interfaces and make that queue work independantly on each interface??

Is anybody have any solution to following:

We have a customer connected to our M5 on two sub interfaces and we are running two BGP sessions with him. His both the circuits are rate limited on sub interfaces to 10 MB. Now he wants that at any given time if one of the circuit is used less and other circuit have more bandwidth demand then the second circuit should be able to use first circuit's bandwidth and vica versa....is this possible with juniper????its ok if we need to change his circuit to one and then achive this on ip based rate limit or through queues or any other possible way.....

Pls if anybody have some sample configuration on this ...send me...it would be gr8 help for me....

thanks,

J.S.Grewal