Mailing List Archive

OT: ping/traceroute from nitrous.digex.net

Recently I turned up new peering connection for Internet.
Because of this new peering connection, best path from nitrous.digex.net to our
network
was changed.

When I use Looking glass from nitrous.digex.net, it works fine from
MAE-Central, Equinuix, PAIX.
But from MAE-EAST, and MAE-WEST, it's timeout.

When I use BGP query option from nitrous.digex.net,
MAE-EAST and MAE-WEST have new routing information for our network.

When I use traceroute option from nitrous.digex.net,
I saw traceroute was timeout after our new peering provider's edge
router for DIGEX.

Our new peering provider said there is some wrong with DIGEX,
and it shouldn't work from there at all.
They said like this.
"Because allegiance changed DIGEX setup recently,
their looking glass uses 192.32.0.0/16 network for source ip route.
And it's not supposed to be routed over public Internet.
So it shouldn't be working any more.
The reason why it works from other peering provider is
because they uses some tricky method to make it work for the customer."

When I didn't have this new peering session, there was no problem like this.

My question is whether anybody had similar problem, or anybody has any idea
for what's going on.

Any comment or idea will be welcomed.
Thanks.

Hyun
--------------DB5F5364F80DCF90F5021EA6

begin:vcard
n:Ryu;HyunSeog
tel;pager:hyun-page@norlight.net
tel;fax:(262)792-7733
tel;work:(262)792-7965
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.moonworld.org/~moonhunt
org:Norlight Telecommunications;Applications Engineering
adr:;;275 North Corporate Drive;Brookfield;WI;53045-5818;US
version:2.1
email;internet:r.hyunseog@ieee.org
title:Network Engineer
note;quoted-printable:nic-handile : HR201, HR1-APNIC and work for AS#7260=0D=0A
fn:HyunSeog Ryu
end:vcard

--------------DB5F5364F80DCF90F5021EA6--
OT: ping/traceroute from nitrous.digex.net [ In reply to ]
> Recently I turned up new peering connection for Internet.
> Because of this new peering connection, best path from
> nitrous.digex.net to our network was changed.

It's hard to know how to answer your question or help explain what
you're experiencing when you don't say what "our network" is.

What is the network (AS number and any prefixes that you are
advertising) with which you are having trouble?

Stephen