Mailing List Archive

JUNOScript parse failures
anybody seen anything like this recently?

$ perl load_configuration.pl -m ssh test.xml rtr43
login: hayter
password:
Locking configuration database ...
Something bad has happened - XML got garbled.
Here's what it did not like:
lter ICT-anti-spoof term 1]</output>
</rpc-reply>

The error was:
Parse failure at /home/sol-00/hayter/junoscript-perl-5.4R1.4/blib/lib/JUNOS/Device.pm line 429.

when the configuration can't be locked because of uncommitted changes?

hayter@rtr43> configure
Entering configuration mode
Users currently editing the configuration:
mariog terminal p0 (pid 10767) on since 2002-09-26 14:40:58 PDT, idle 00:23:15
[edit firewall filter ICT-anti-spoof term 1]
The configuration has been changed but not committed

[edit]
hayter@rtr43# exit

i had hoped their example scripts would work! seems it should at least
fail gracefully.

----
Carl Hayter
ISD - Data Network Operations
University of Southern California
JUNOScript parse failures [ In reply to ]
it should not fail with a parse error. it should fail with a
'configuration database modified' error. it's failing to parse
the reply (which appears to me to be valid XML):

hayter@rtr43> configure exclusive | display xml
<rpc-reply xmlns:junos="http://xml.juniper.net/junos/5.4R1/junos">
<xnm:error xmlns="http://xml.juniper.net/xnm/1.1/xnm" xmlns:xnm="http://xml.juniper.net/xnm/1.1/xnm">
<message>
configuration database modified
</message>
</xnm:error>
<output>Users currently editing the configuration:</output>
<output> mariog terminal p0 (pid 10767) on since 2002-09-26 14:40:58 PDT</output>
<output> [edit firewall filter ICT-anti-spoof]</output>
</rpc-reply>

the proper response from the script should be:

REQUEST test.xml FAILED

----

JUNOScript parse failures [ In reply to ]
hayter writes:
>it should not fail with a parse error. it should fail with a
>'configuration database modified' error. it's failing to parse
>the reply (which appears to me to be valid XML):

All true. This is now PR 28684. I'll try to get you more information
as we triage the bug.

Thanks,
Phil
JUNOScript parse failures [ In reply to ]
Bizarre. I see the same problem. I've forwarded this to our jtac/web folks.

Thanks,
Phil