etc..
The above supposedly gets you a default route even if an interface goes
down that is marked as the default GW. Can you achieve something like
this in JunOS?

Chris
--
"I feel..thin. Sort of stretched, like... butter scraped over too much
bread. I need a holliday a very long holliday."
Weighted default routes in JunOS? [ In reply to ]
Hi Chris --

It sounds like you are referring to the IOS concept of floating static
routes? Where the same static route destination has multiple next-hops,
each with a different administrative distance?

If so, Junos has a similar concept called qualified next-hops, where a
static route destination can have multiple next-hops, each with a different
route preference (similar to administrative distance).

Here is a link for a description of the concept:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos54/swconfig54-routing/html/routing-tables-config6.html#1020874

And here is a link for an example:

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos54/swconfig54-routing/html/routing-tables-config7.html#1020905

And here is an example:

routing-options {
static {
route 10.0.0.0/8 {
next-hop [192.168.1.2]
qualified-next-hop 192.168.1.254 {
preference 5;
}
preference 7;
}
}
}

-rich

Weighted default routes in JunOS? [ In reply to ]
But be aware that this will not help in case of an
ethernet interface connected to a switch or something
like that .. the interface will stay up and so as the
route even if the gateway goes down. This is true for
IOS also ...

Rgds
AM