Hi,

Does the JUNOS have IGP fast convergence implemetation? What't the mechanism for ISIS and OSPF? How about the convergence time scale? Or some test result. Any input information in this field is highly appreciated.

Best Regards/Michael Peng.
Re: (no subject) [ In reply to ]
Hey, how about that. It works when I set the encapsulation type to
flexible-ethernet-services - I'm not sure why this works, but it seems
too...

thomas at NCT_M02# show interfaces ge-1/3/0
vlan-tagging;
encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
unit 0 {
vlan-id 1;
family inet {
address 10.0.0.2/26;
}
}
unit 1 {
vlan-id 900;
family inet {
address 10.44.44.1/30;
}
}

Basic ping to a box in the 10.0.0.0/26 network is successful. It's all the
testing I've done so far, but hopefully this will do the trick. Thanks for
everyone's help.

Cheers,
Thomas

Re: (no subject) [ In reply to ]
On Tue, Jan 18, 2005 at 05:54:01PM +1300, Thomas Salmen wrote:

> Hey, how about that. It works when I set the encapsulation type to
> flexible-ethernet-services - I'm not sure why this works, but it seems
> too...
>
> thomas at NCT_M02# show interfaces ge-1/3/0
> vlan-tagging;
> encapsulation flexible-ethernet-services;
> unit 0 {
> vlan-id 1;
> family inet {
> address 10.0.0.2/26;
> }
> }
> unit 1 {
> vlan-id 900;
> family inet {
> address 10.44.44.1/30;
> }
> }
>
> Basic ping to a box in the 10.0.0.0/26 network is successful. It's all the
> testing I've done so far, but hopefully this will do the trick. Thanks for
> everyone's help.

"VLAN 0" is what you use to pass 802.1p QoS/priority tagging information.

From a reading of the docs on flexible-ethernet-services (which I've never
used, since I don't use IQ/Quad Price PICs :P), I don't see how this would
directly affect what you are trying to do:

Flexible Ethernet services (flexible-ethernet-services)?Gigabit Ethernet
IQ interfaces and Gigabit Ethernet interfaces with SFPs can use flexible
Ethernet services encapsulation. Aggregated Ethernet bundles cannot use
this encapsulation type. You use this encapsulation type when you want to
configure multiple per-unit Ethernet encapsulations. This encapsulation
type allows you to configure any combination of route, TCC, CCC, and VPLS
encapsulations on a single physical port. If you configure flexible
Ethernet services encapsulation on the physical interface, VLAN IDs from 1
through 511 are no longer reserved for normal VLANs

Do you really need to mix tagged and un-tagged, or are you just trying to
use a native vlan (like 1, a usual default :P) that isn't tagged? If this
is the case, you can probably turn on native vlan tagging on whatever your
other side is.

--
Richard A Steenbergen <ras at e-gerbil.net> http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras
Re: (no subject) [ In reply to ]
you must have misunderstood me the os is JUNOSe