Jonathan Tse
Senior Network Engineer, Pacific Internet - Singapore
NOC: +65 6872-1010 DID: +65 6771-0843 FAX: +65 6872-6674
ERX [ In reply to ]
Hi Jon,

You need to give more info as to:

1. How do you resolve this problem (e.g. resetting the connection [to
check if cabling is done properly or not], rebooting the box [not a good
practice])
2. Also did you check for the console whether someone else was already
logged on to the console when you tried accessing it?
3. Did this problem only surfaced after you upgraded to releaes
erx_3-4-1p0-1.rel? If so is this happening on other ERX-700s loaded with
the same release?
4. Any other pertinent info you want to add to above.

-A

ERX [ In reply to ]
Hi Asim,

We have no choice but painfully rebooted the router. The strange thing is
that all traffic flow normally except the telnet/ssh/console which similar
to login daemon gone kind of scenario in unix. No one is accessing the box
when such thing happens and the recent incident is even worse that no
respond from SNMP.

We are experiencing the problem since version 3.3.2. We bought the box for
half a year only. And the ERX supports have no clue how to solve it.

Wondering anyone using this version is facing this problem?

Appreciate your reply!

Jonathan.

ERX [ In reply to ]
We have just rebooted the box and it is now running erx_3-4-1p4-2.rel. I
suspect the bug will only occur when the setup is in certain way. Are you
using the management port to receive telnet/ssh packets?

ERX [ In reply to ]
Jonathan,

You stated that you are not able to login on the console or via
telnet/ssh. Are you running radius for authentication of operators? When
you telnet are you getting a three-way handshake, or is the ERX sending
back a RST upon your telnet?

There was a issue with 'aaa new-model' commands not being sync'd aross
redundant SRPs. This was fixed in 2-9-1p26, 3-0-6p23, 3-2-3p16, 3-3-2p7-2
and 3.4.1p4.

--truman

ERX [ In reply to ]
Jonathan,