--
rrbone GmbH - Ruhrallee 9 - 44139 Dortmund
HR B 23168 Amtsgericht Dortmund - Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dominik Bay
RE: T-Mobile DE IPv6-only APN [ In reply to ]
Great news, congrats T-Mo DE team!

-----Original Message-----
From: ipv6-ops-bounces+kristian.mccolm=rci.rogers.com@lists.cluenet.de [mailto:ipv6-ops-bounces+kristian.mccolm=rci.rogers.com@lists.cluenet.de] On Behalf Of Dominik Bay
Sent: January 31, 2020 13:14
To: ipv6-ops@lists.cluenet.de
Subject: T-Mobile DE IPv6-only APN

Hi,

a few days ago T-Mobile DE officially launched their IPv6-only APN internet.v6.telekom.
As I expected, this is working well across most of my devices.

Thanks to clatd my Linux laptop is IPv6-only too.

I'll do some research over the next dasy why Quectel 4G modems in Teltonika routers won't do IPv6 at all.

Cheers,
Dominik

--
rrbone GmbH - Ruhrallee 9 - 44139 Dortmund HR B 23168 Amtsgericht Dortmund - Geschaeftsfuehrer: Dominik Bay

________________________________
This communication is confidential. We only send and receive email on the basis of the terms set out at www.rogers.com/web/content/emailnotice<http://www.rogers.com/web/content/emailnotice>

Ce message est confidentiel. Notre transmission et réception de courriels se fait strictement suivant les modalités énoncées dans l’avis publié à www.rogers.com/aviscourriel <http://www.rogers.com/aviscourriel>
________________________________
Re: T-Mobile DE IPv6-only APN [ In reply to ]
On 31/Jan/20 20:13, Dominik Bay wrote:
> Hi,
>
> a few days ago T-Mobile DE officially launched their IPv6-only APN
> internet.v6.telekom.
> As I expected, this is working well across most of my devices.

Awesome!

Mark.
Re: T-Mobile DE IPv6-only APN [ In reply to ]
Dominik Bay <db@rrbone.net> writes:

> I'll do some research over the next dasy why Quectel 4G modems in
> Teltonika routers won't do IPv6 at all.

That has probably much more to do with the router firmware than the
modem. Most (all?) Qualcomm based LTE modems support IPv6. But
configuring IPv6 can be a bit more complicated than you'd like to think,
so host/router support is often lacking... In particular if you use QMI
for modem management and would like to support dual-stack, which I
assume Teltonika want.

Google tells me that they're still developing this
feature:

https://community.teltonika.lt/14183/how-to-get-ipv6-address-from-sim1-on-rut955

Bjørn
Re: T-Mobile DE IPv6-only APN [ In reply to ]
Am 31.01.20 um 19:18 schrieb Kristian McColm:

> I'll do some research over the next dasy why Quectel 4G modems in Teltonika routers won't do IPv6 at all.

At least the QUECTELEC25-E works well with Telekom dualstack, Vodafone
dualstack and Telekom ipv6-only.

Here are some log files tested with Vodafone.

http://www.thomas--schaefer.de/vodafone/ec25.txt
Re: T-Mobile DE IPv6-only APN [ In reply to ]
On 2/1/20 1:55 PM, Thomas Schäfer wrote:

> Am 31.01.20 um 19:18 schrieb Kristian McColm:
>>
>> I'll do some research over the next dasy why Quectel 4G modems in
>> Teltonika routers won't do IPv6 at all.
>>
> At least the QUECTELEC25-E works well with Telekom dualstack, Vodafone
> dualstack and Telekom ipv6-only.
>
> Here are some log files tested with Vodafone.
>
> http://www.thomas--schaefer.de/vodafone/ec25.txt

Thanks Thomas. Teltonika is exposing IPv6 in the web interface but this
doesn't change anything even on the newest RUT X11. They are also using
some binary to control the modem from the Quectel SDK. When being asked
about it I couldn't get an answer from Teltonika what's the status on
IPv6 is.

I'll see if I can poke around in their OpenWRT base system to get it
working anyway.

Cheers,
Dominik
Re: T-Mobile DE IPv6-only APN [ In reply to ]
> I'll see if I can poke around in their OpenWRT base system to get it
> working anyway.

Openwrt has two competing apps for that.

The old one is |uqmi and the new one is "modemmanager".|

|I still have trouble with both of them since I dont't understand how
openwrt relays/bridges the wan6 interface to the rest of the network.|

|The chances are good that you get it working.

|Regards,|

|Thomas

*|
|*