I know it’s not supported by Extreme (mainly because the card itself is end-of-life), but has anyone successfully used the BR-MLX-100Gx2-X (original 100 GbE line card using CFP optics) in an MLXe running NetIron 6.3? It looks to me like the appropriate FPGA file is still in the distribution.

Thanks,

Michael

Re: CFP 100 GbE under NI 6.3? [ In reply to ]
Yep. Whyfor you ask?

#show mod | i 100G
S3: BR-MLX-100Gx2-X 2-port 100GbE Module
CARD_STATE_UP 2

of public
business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be
disclosed to third parties.
Re: CFP 100 GbE under NI 6.3? [ In reply to ]
We need BGP large-community support which is new in 6.3. I don’t want to risk upgrading to 6.3 then have to downgrade again because the 100 GbE line card no longer works.

Michael