show interface ve $X

- command?

It feels odd to have this on any other Netiron machine but not on the
SLX.

My current workaround:
alias "showve" "show interface | begin ^Ve"

Regards
Jörg
Re: SLX: show interface ve [ In reply to ]
Hi Jörg

Completely agree with you.
When I find the time I will try to convince via TAC case for a feature request.

There are other inconsistent commands as well, e.g.:
you can do a "show ip prefix-list" but cannot do a "show route-map” instead have to do a show run route-map XYZ (which won’t work btw, if the route-map name is too long)

In my experience it is more promising if you try it directly via TAC instead of contacting your local account manger…
If you open a case regarding this, let me know, so I can back it up with a case from our side as well.

Kind regards,
Lino

Lino Moragon
Init7 / AS13030

Re: SLX: show interface ve [ In reply to ]
I am also beginning to dislike that from 20.2 (bare metal version), the
router / switch begins to listen to more funny ports by default.

Nothing against installing a receiving ACL, but I would prefer the
switch safer out of the box.

tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:830 0.0.0.0:*
LISTEN 7139/sshd
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:514 0.0.0.0:*