Mailing List Archive

XMR Assistance
Hello Foundry List,

We're currently launching a new site and using a Brocade/Foundry XMR. While
I've built a number of simple to moderate configs in RX over the last few
years, the XMR is new territory. When I tried to build the same config that
I would use in a RX, I encountered odd, intermittent, and unexplained
behavior. I didn't realize that IronWare would be significantly different
between the two, as the syntax looks the same, so I was caught a bit off
guard.

I'm looking for a consultant to do a one-off project to build a solid
config, likely addressing things that I would miss even if I didn't have
the odd issues listed above. I'd prefer to pay to do things properly the
first time.

This unit is for a colocation site with 2 full BGP tables coming in, a
Layer 2 circuit which provides IP to our office in the same metro, a
handful of routed virtual interfaces, and a small number of VLANs. The
single XMR comprises the entire colo network at this point, as it is just a
single cabinet deployment. We may add Arista 25G equipment for
hyperconverged storage purposes in the future, but that would likely not
extend to the Brocade side.

Does anyone have interest in building this out? We are currently running
the Layer 2 and a single BGP (default only) table on a FCX and it's stable,
so there isn't incredible urgency until I return from vacation at the end
of July.

Thanks,

Derek Maxwell
Re: XMR Assistance [ In reply to ]
Are you using the default CAM partition profile? It's probably not
suitable for a full table.

Do all of your cards have the same FIB size, and is this large enough for
the number of installed routes?

Any IPv6 routes? IIRC, the advertised max FIB sizes are with all CAM
allocated to IPv4.

--
Eldon