Mailing List Archive

XMR RA Question
Hello,

Is there a way to send RAs without the SLAAC Autonomous bit on a /64
assigned to a VLAN interface? I believe I have the O and M bits set
correctly, but not seeing a way to prevent the A bit without making the
subnet something larger (/48).

#show run int ve 11

.

ipv6 address <.>::1/64

ipv6 nd managed-config-flag

ipv6 nd other-config-flag

ipv6 nd ns-interval 30

ipv6 nd send-ra

I'm using a stateful DHCP6 setup with dnsmasq, but need hosts to get their
default route LLA from the XMR VLAN interface. I can prevent dnsmasq from
advertising its own LLA, but can't seem to prevent hosts from getting a
SLAAC IP with the VLAN interface sending RAs.

Regards,

Nick
Re: XMR RA Question [ In reply to ]
Disregard. Pretty sure I figured it out - ipv6 nd address suppress

Regards,

Nick