Mailing List Archive

MLXe code recommendations
Does anyone have a recommendation for a code version for MLXe?

The last I saw recommended here was recent 5.8, I'm wondering if it is
worth investigating 6.0 or later yet (or ever).

--
Eldon
Re: MLXe code recommendations [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Current target path is 6.0 something.

Definitely worth looking at.

BR.

Re: MLXe code recommendations [ In reply to ]
Hi,

current targets are 6.0.00e to g and 5.8.00f to h.

For my part: We have been running on 6.2.00b since April with no issue
and we are actively looking into an upgrade to the 6.3 tree for the BGP
Large Comm patches.

Jörg

Re: MLXe code recommendations [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Yeah, saw that but 6.3 is bleeding edge. Wait at least 2 years ;-)

BR.

Re: MLXe code recommendations [ In reply to ]
On Mi, Sep 12, 2018 at 04:20:46 -0600, Eldon Koyle <ekoyle+puck.nether.net@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have a recommendation for a code version for MLXe?
>
> The last I saw recommended here was recent 5.8, I'm wondering if it is
> worth investigating 6.0 or later yet (or ever).

We are currently running v6.0 on all MLX that support it and the
experience is rather good. We were on 5.6 earlier (and boxes with
Gen1-cards still are).
One of the issues I remember with 5.6 including the latest patch release
is currupted sflow packets (sflow would only contain 1 sample packet
instead of 4, leading to incorrect sampling).