Mailing List Archive

BR-MLX-MR2-X / BR-MLX-100GX2 modules not recognized,
We have some BR-MLX-MR2-X and BR-MLX-100GX2-CFP2 modules that are having issues. The BR-MLX-MR2-X shows up as a BR-MLX-MR2-M in the chassis even though it has the "X" sticker on it, and the 100GX2-CFP2 comes up as "Module in slot 7 is not enabled due to type mismatch". We uploaded the code revision and rebooted but still having the same results. The 100GX2 is being recognized in the chassis but we continue to get the "type mismatch" error. Any ideas on what we can try?

Thank you.

JC

Re: BR-MLX-MR2-X / BR-MLX-100GX2 modules not recognized, [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Stab in the dark :

- In what hardware / OS version are you running ?

- Did you check hardware compatibility matrix ?

Best regards.

Re: BR-MLX-MR2-X / BR-MLX-100GX2 modules not recognized, [ In reply to ]
On Di, Aug 14, 2018 at 05:05:01 +0000, Joseph Clark <lakesideschool44@outlook.com> wrote:
> We have some BR-MLX-MR2-X and BR-MLX-100GX2-CFP2 modules that are
> having issues. The BR-MLX-MR2-X shows up as a BR-MLX-MR2-M in the
> chassis even though it has the "X" sticker on it, and the 100GX2-CFP2
> comes up as "Module in slot 7 is not enabled due to type mismatch".
> We uploaded the code revision and rebooted but still having the same
> results. The 100GX2 is being recognized in the chassis but we
> continue to get the "type mismatch" error. Any ideas on what we can
> try?

Is there any configuration left from another module in that specific
slot? In that case, it will not boot up the new module, as its type
differs from the configuration.

Best regards,

Franz Georg Köhler
Re: BR-MLX-MR2-X / BR-MLX-100GX2 modules not recognized, [ In reply to ]
Could you include the output of 'show module'? Are these
BR-MLX-100GX2-CFP2-X or -M cards?

Do you have any non-X cards installed or configured? Does the management
module show up as a -X if you erase start and boot without any line cards?

--
Eldon