Dear All.

You must have heard about the Spectre and Meltdown.

Are Brocade switches are effected by this issue...any idea

Regards

Rajesh Singh,

Plain text

DISCLAIMER
This message (including any attachments) is confidential and intended solely for the person or organization to whom it is addressed. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not copy, distribute or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by telephoning or E-mailing the sender. This footnote also confirms that this E-mail message has been scanned for the presence of computer viruses.
Re: Spectre and Meltdown [ In reply to ]
Hi,

let my statement be as speculative as speculative executions on recent
cpus, because "they" are still investigating things.

Meltdown:
The slx can be affected, because its using a x86-intel chip for the
control plane and also running a hypervisor.

Spectre:
On paper all devices running x86, ppc, … can be affected, although it
may come down to the point if there is a possibility to run user or
malicious code.

The older generation (fastiron, mlx, …) has a historic advantage over
the newer generation (vdx, slx), that can run whole applications or
scripts. But I am very sure the newer generation is going to have
mitigation patches this year.

Jörg