Mailing List Archive

ICX6650 / ICX7750 queue mapping
Curious if anyone has a doc that shows default queue mappings on ICX
platforms. 6650 appears to have 8 queues per interface.

With default config, most traffic is 0 (so I presume that's BE), but I see
traffic in 6 and 7 as well. I would guess that it's mapping 6/7 to network
control depending on what type of packet, but it would be nice to know for
sure. Some docs say 7 is used for stacking depending on platform, but
although we're not stacking we see lots of packets in that queue.

Ideally I'm looking for the ICX equivalent docs:

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/forwarding-classes-default-cos-config-guide.html

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/general/hw-cos-default-re-queues-reference-cos-config-guide.html

.. which show default queue types per platform + which type of packets
generated from the device are in which queue.

I've configured some queue mappings to map pretty much everything AWAY from
queue 7, yet it still gets hits, so who knows. This particular config is on
a 6650 running 8.0.10m.

#show qos-tos
DSCP-->Traffic-Class map: (DSCP = d1d2: 00, 01...63)

d2| 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
d1 |
-----+----------------------------------------
0 | 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
1 | 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
2 | 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
3 | 0 0 0 0 2 0 2 0 2 0
4 | 0 0 0 0 0 0 5 0 6 0
5 | 0 0 0 0 0 0 6 0 0 0
6 | 0 0 0 0
Re: ICX6650 / ICX7750 queue mapping [ In reply to ]
Here are the FastIron/ICX control protocols and the queues they are mapped to. These are not configurable. Only the ICX 6430 has 4 hardware queues, all other ICX have 8 priority queues per port.

PRIORITY
CATEGORIZATION

PROTOCOLS

P7

Stacking Control
L2 Control: LACP, UDLD (802.3ah), STP, RSTP, BPDU, MRP, LLDP,
Others: VRRP (v4 and v6), VRRP-E(v4 and v6) GRE keep alive

P6

OSPF (v2 and v3), RIP v2, RIPNG, PIM

P5

BGP, ARP, RIP v1, DHCP, IPV6 ND

P4

IGMP, MLD

P3

P2

P1

SFLOW

P0

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/concept/forwarding-classes-default-cos-config-guide.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.juniper.net_documentation_en-5FUS_junos_topics_concept_forwarding-2Dclasses-2Ddefault-2Dcos-2Dconfig-2Dguide.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=IL_XqQWOjubgfqINi2jTzg&r=M1vl_zSGHsSTVjkTM6j0Usz9-2PQnwUeIHs6nk6fZYw&m=o-djbeVvS8l7qU9Gzwr3pNb7kNFyz4MAcnESWli9Ku8&s=Gyn4d9Hh8cokb4FhpTZKasTLaheUlSrNEkSYWQ9zRdY&e=>

https://www.juniper.net/documentation/en_US/junos/topics/reference/general/hw-cos-default-re-queues-reference-cos-config-guide.html<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.juniper.net_documentation_en-5FUS_junos_topics_reference_general_hw-2Dcos-2Ddefault-2Dre-2Dqueues-2Dreference-2Dcos-2Dconfig-2Dguide.html&d=DwMFaQ&c=IL_XqQWOjubgfqINi2jTzg&r=M1vl_zSGHsSTVjkTM6j0Usz9-2PQnwUeIHs6nk6fZYw&m=o-djbeVvS8l7qU9Gzwr3pNb7kNFyz4MAcnESWli9Ku8&s=EH9lOzlfVnF3JuTsBLh9FtfKaXFSTY89gw3xTdMsMEk&e=>

Re: ICX6650 / ICX7750 queue mapping [ In reply to ]
On Thu, Jul 20, 2017 at 1:47 PM, Robert Wiebusch <rwiebusc@brocade.com> wrote:

> Here are the FastIron/ICX control protocols and the queues they are mapped to. These are not configurable. Only the ICX 6430 has 4 hardware queues, all other ICX have 8 priority queues per port.

<snip>

Hey thanks much, this is what I was looking for. Did I just miss these
in some docs or just listed in some internal KB?
Re: ICX6650 / ICX7750 queue mapping [ In reply to ]
The control protocol priority mapping has not been publicly published for the ICX products. I'm not sure why that is.

However, the NetIron Traffic Management Guide does have a published control protocol mapping table which is somewhat similar to ICX but with the addition of MPLS control protocol priorities.