Mailing List Archive

1 2  View All
Re: NetIron 5.8f feedbacks [ In reply to ]
I have left 5.8f for good now and I am throwing myself under the 6.1
train. At least my SSH connection issue is fixed in this release and I
can focus purely on the LACP-issues. During my dry ssh period, I
committed https://github.com/ipcjk/brocadecli - this tool can paste
changes into the mlx/cer-series with interval, timeouts, etc - maybe
somebody find it also useful for daily or automated tasks.

The sbsupgrd.py / the SCP based manifest upgrade does not work for me,
because there is no variable for the enable-password. I will stick to
tftp and/or the „old“ scp way for now.

Jörg

Re: NetIron 5.8f feedbacks [ In reply to ]
Hi Jörg,

I'm no where to upgrading to 6.1, just too dangerous.

As stated in my previous email, 6.1 provides an SCP based simplfied upgrade
:

[image: Images intégrées 1]

Also, for those who are running 5.8f (or any other version from 5.7 to
6.1), I have discovered a new bug with SNMP returning bad value for BGP
sessions that are admin down (running instead of admin down).

This has been acknowledged from BTAC engineering teams as a DEFECT (don't
have its' ID yet) and will be corrected and backported from 5.7 and onward
releases.

Best regards.

Re: NetIron 5.8f feedbacks [ In reply to ]
Dear community,

For those who might be interested / hit by that SNMP bug regarding IPv6 BGP
sessions' state, it has been officially addressed under DEFECT000633962.

Best regards.

Re: NetIron 5.8f feedbacks [ In reply to ]
To follow up, I've been much happier with 05800fa.

On Sat, Jan 28, 2017 at 7:50 AM, Tony Sarendal <tony@polarcap.org> wrote:

>> Hello Daniel,
>>
>> On Fri, 2017-01-27 at 18:04 -0700, Daniel Schmidt wrote:
>> > I use the new 10x20 10G cards, which require 5.8. The cards are not
>> stable
>> > for us, they crash periodically. And, we had one or two mlx reboot for
>> no
>> > reason. Things were better when we ran 5.6. Of course, perhaps 5.8
>> would
>> > be more stable without the cards so a grain of proverbial salt applies.
>>
>> Did the TAC advised you something ? I am running 5.8.00ec on MLXe with
>> BR-MLX-10Gx20 cards with no specific issues. The previous versions used
>> to have a known bug with some ipsec packets which could crash the
>> system. have a look there: TSB 2016-242-A & defect 617836
>>
>> I previously talked about this defect on this mailing list, on
>> 22-Sep-2016 12:18:22 (+2)
>>

> I have a dozen routers with 10Gx20, both -X2 and -M, running without
> issues.
> I would prefer to keep it that way so any updates on your situation would
> be appreciated.
>
> Regards Tony

of public business, is subject to the Wyoming Public Records
Act and may be disclosed to third parties.
Re: NetIron 5.8f feedbacks [ In reply to ]
5.8g tentative GA is for May.

Best regards.