ability to have a router-interface on the vll end, instead of a physical
port. AFAIK, this is not possible, but I still would like to to ask :)

That would avoid me to terminate the VLL on a physical port, and hairpin
it on the same router. Is that possible ? If not, is it at least on the
roadmaps ?

Thanks !
--
Clément Cavadore
Re: VLL "local" termination [ In reply to ]
Clement, it is possible to add a VE to a VPLS, but not a VLL. I often find
myself replacing VLL's with VPLS's.

Re: VLL "local" termination [ In reply to ]
Hello Clement,

I don't recall seing anything mentionned about routing over VLL on the latest NI roadmap I've seen at Brocade EBC (2 weeks ago).

Let me check and get back to you.

Best regards.

Re: VLL "local" termination [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Two years later, I am trying to use VPLS with routing, but it does not
work with IPv6 although it is supposed to be supported on 6.0.00 and
newer code, according to the release note:

IPv6 enhancements:
IPv6 for VE over VPLS - IPv6 addresses and IPv6 routing will be
supported on VE over VPLS interfaces.

Here is the VPLS config:
------
vpls blah 35189 max-mac 5
enable-counter summary
vpls-peer x.y.z.t
router-interface ve 4095

vpls-mtu-enforcement
!
------

When I try to add an IPv6 to the VE, I have an error message:
(config-mpls-vpls-blah)#int ve 4095
(config-vif-4095)# port-name customerX
(config-vif-4095)# ip address x.x.x.x/30 ospf-passive
(config-vif-4095)# no ip redirect
(config-vif-4095)# ip arp-age 120
(config-vif-4095)# ipv6 address 2a00:xxx:x:x:x:x:x:1/124
Error - A VE over VPLS interface cannot have IPv6 configured
----

Am i missing something ? I am running 6.0.00b on a CER box.

Clément Cavadore

Re: VLL "local" termination [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 2017-01-14 at 18:22 +0100, Clement Cavadore wrote:
> IPv6 enhancements:
> IPv6 for VE over VPLS - IPv6 addresses and IPv6 routing will be
> supported on VE over VPLS interfaces.

... what the documentation does not say, but which was told to me by my
local SE, is that this feature is only supported on MLX platforms, and
not on CER. Too bad...

--
Clément Cavadore