FCX-48G 48-port labeled as FCXS07202

And a layer 3 image on

TurboIron-X24 labeled as TIR04200c

I have a large outage window and want to upgrade to a newer version.

Also - anyone see any issues with enabling some kind of broadcast storm control for these types of devices?

The documentation was 4 lines long without any configuration examples. It just mentioned its per-port.

Nick Cutting | Network Engineer | Architecture & Standards Team| Office: 203-742-7856 | Fax: 203-742-7890

[cid:image001.png@01D045E3.7FDE6B40]
Re: Code recommendations + Broadcast storm control [ In reply to ]
Dear Nick,

You should probably take a look at Brocade's recommended Target path versions.

Personnally, I have been running multiple stacks of FCX-648S as pure L2 switchs using FCXS 740b with no issues.

I can't comment on broadcast storm control as I don't use it.

Hope this helps.

Best regards.

Re: Code recommendations + Broadcast storm control [ In reply to ]
Current TP for FastIron(FCX/ICX) can be found here:

http://www.brocade.com/en/backend-content/pdf-page.html?/content/dam/common/documents/content-types/target-path-selection-guide/brocade-fi-target-path.pdf

TurboIron is pretty long in the tooth but will support up to 8.0.01 code.
That said, the 7.4 train is extremely stable at this point in its life,
there may be more options for storm control in the later versions. I have
also had pretty good results with 8.0.30, but mostly on ICX, limited FCX
exposure.

Mike