Mailing List Archive

Foundry FES9604 identify itself as FES4802
Hello,

we have a Foundry FES9604 (100-port FastEthernet) but the switch
identify itself as FES4802 (50-port FastEthernet).

We tried to erase flase and reflash the firmware.

Here is some information:
Boot Loeader Rev: 1a
Monitor Image Version: 20.14.00b27Tc4
Boot-Tftp Image Version: 23.84.37T00

Do you have any ideas how we can fix it?

Best regards
Patrick

--
velia.net Internetdienste GmbH * Hessen-Homburg-Platz 1 * D-63452 Hanau
Geschäftsführer: Franz G. Köhler, Arek Akilli * AG Hanau * HRB 7588
Re: Foundry FES9604 identify itself as FES4802 [ In reply to ]
Hi Patrick,

Rumor has it here at Cartdiff the boards come apart inside and this happens. It may be worth taking it apart and pushing the two 48 port switches back together.

Kind regards,
Mike

Michael Williams | Network Engineer | Cardiff University