ICX7750 Unstable Control Plane
I've experienced two weird phenomena recently on ICX7750's on 08030d.

1. Configuring VRRP-E on shutdown VE and losing SSH session to unrelated VE
interface
2. Disabling 20+ interfaces at once causing VRRP-E to flap and BGP to flap

We believe #2 was due to high CPU. Anyone experienced anything similar?

--
Mike
Re: ICX7750 Unstable Control Plane [ In reply to ]
I have seen other strange things on the ICX7750, the most concerning
of which is a temporary forwarding loop on an MCT LAG during every
boot.

The code still seems a bit immature...

Re: ICX7750 Unstable Control Plane [ In reply to ]
Eldon,

Our Brocade reseller is aware of the issue you're describing and says it's
being worked on. He's asking what code release you're on and if it's 10G or
40G specific.

Frank

Re: ICX7750 Unstable Control Plane [ In reply to ]
I noticed it on the 8010. I moved to 8020aa and disabled loop
detection on our peer switches, at which point I promptly forgot about
it and went on with life ;).

We are currently running 8030b, but I haven't had a chance to check to
see if it is fixed (I don't have any of them for our lab environment,
and I don't want to cause an outage).

--
Eldon