Mailing List Archive

Looking to confirm if Brocade MLX/XMR can do CGNAT/LSN or Equivalent?
Hello

Looking to confirm if Brocade MLX/XMR can do CGNAT/LSN or Equivalent?

These two terms are interchangeable:
•CGN: Carrier-Grade NAT (supposedly deprecated term)
•LSN: Large-Scale NAT (same thing; supposedly the "new term")
•Both are only marketing terms, and essentially mean the same thing.

Requirements:
EDGE ROUTERS
❏ 2x10Gbps Interfaces
❏ 4x10Gbps Interfaces (Future)
❏ OPTIONAL 2x40 or 4x40Gbps interfaces (Future)
❏ 6x1Gbps Interfaces, or more (switched if possible)
❏ MEF CE 2.0+, Including E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree designs
❏ OSPFv2/OSPFv3 w/ BFD
❏ MPLS w/ BFD (OPTIONAL)
❏ BGPv4/BGPv6, will be taking up to 2 full tables
❏ ACL / Firewall Controls for IPv4/IPv6
❏ CGNAT or Equivalent
CORE ROUTERS
❏ 4x10Gbps Interfaces
❏ OPTIONAL 4x40Gbps interfaces (Future)
❏ 4x1Gbps Interfaces, or more
❏ MEF CE 2.0+, Including E-Line, E-LAN, E-Tree designs
❏ OSPFv2/OSPFv3 w/ BFD
❏ MPLS w/ BFD (OPTIONAL)
❏ DHCPv4/DHCPv6+RA
❏ CGNAT or Equivalent

Thanks for your help.

Carlos Alfaro Tech / Sales Support

Townsend Networks

35 Reed Blvd., Suite A Mill Valley, CA 94941

415-384-4208

mailto:carlos@townsendnetworks.com
Re: Looking to confirm if Brocade MLX/XMR can do CGNAT/LSN or Equivalent? [ In reply to ]
To the best of my understanding the NetIron Platforms CER, MLX, XMR, MLXe
will meet most of your requirements depending on the specifics chosen, but
the code does not have these features:

DHCPv4/DHCPv6+RA
CGNAT or Equivalent

It does have the DHCP v4/v6 Relay Agents, and supports Prefix Delegation
route insertion. But doesn't run a DHCP server.

If you want CGNAT features you need to look at the ServerIron platform.

-Josh

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:43 PM, Carlos Alfaro <Carlos@townsendnetworks.com

Re: Looking to confirm if Brocade MLX/XMR can do CGNAT/LSN or Equivalent? [ In reply to ]
For CG-NAT you need Brocade ADX.
Rest is supported on NetIron CER (24x1G + 4x10G) and MLXe (modular from 1G
interfaces up to multi 100G).

Rob