Best regards.

--
Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR
Re: NetIron 5.9 feedbacks [ In reply to ]
Anyone else afraid of this breakneck release pace, or is it just me?

From: foundry-nsp on behalf of Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr
Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 5:33 AM
To: "foundry-nsp@puck.nether.net"
Subject: [f-nsp] NetIron 5.9 feedbacks

Dear community,

It appears Brocade has released NI5.9 yesterday but it seems impossible to download any of the related files from their website.

Has anybody been able to download any materials for this release ?

Best regards.

--
Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR
Re: NetIron 5.9 feedbacks [ In reply to ]
Hi,

Well, yes and no. According to their NI roadmap, 5.9 FCS was planned for
July 2k15 and GA is planned for October 2k15.

But I agree with you that releasing and developping 4 simultneous trains of
releases (5.6 / 5.7 / 5.8 / 5.9) is very ambitious IMHO.

BR.

:

> Anyone else afraid of this breakneck release pace, or is it just me?
>
> From: foundry-nsp on behalf of Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr
> Date: Wednesday, August 19, 2015 at 5:33 AM
> To: "foundry-nsp@puck.nether.net"
> Subject: [f-nsp] NetIron 5.9 feedbacks
>
> Dear community,
>
> It appears Brocade has released NI5.9 yesterday but it seems impossible to
> download any of the related files from their website.
>
> Has anybody been able to download any materials for this release ?
>
> Best regards.
>

> --
> Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR

Youssef BENGELLOUN-ZAHR
Re: NetIron 5.9 feedbacks [ In reply to ]
Am 19.08.15 um 11:33 schrieb youssef at 720.fr (Youssef Bengelloun-Zahr):
> Dear community,
>
> It appears Brocade has released NI5.9 yesterday but it seems impossible to
> download any of the related files from their website.
>
> Has anybody been able to download any materials for this release ?

I downloaded this on Wednesday and installed it on a test device.

According to the release notes, this release is mainly extending IPsec
and Openflow features.

There is one interesting new feature, though...:

LAG name update for existing LAG — The LAG name can be changed on
existing and functioning LAG without bringing down the LAG.

:-)

I do not see SFM temperatures on show chassis any more with 5.8 and 5.9,
does anybode alse see this phenomenon?

Best regards,

Franz Georg Köhler