Trouble reaching brocade.com over ipv6
Hi!

Brocade’s IPv6 site seems to be broken?

my.brocade.com has IPv6 address 2620:100:4:6401::81

Web server at my.brocade.com seems to hang indefinitely over ipv6, while working fine over ipv4. Since IPv6 is connecting, the browser just hangs there not trying ipv4.

Anyone know of a contact there? :)

Thanks,
Thomas
Re: Trouble reaching brocade.com over ipv6 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

I read a thread about this on a french ML a few days.

Try lowering your computer MTU to 1480B or below. It seems IPv6 PMTUD is broken which could explain this behavior ;-)

HTH.

Y.

Re: Trouble reaching brocade.com over ipv6 [ In reply to ]
I see the same thing using wget. While I monitor Brocade's home page over IPv6, it just checks for an HTTP response and doesn't pull the full page or follow through on redirects.

Whenever I have problems loading their site over IPv6 I always think back to this press release:

Brocade has engineered its own website, Brocade.com, to be fully IPv6 enabled, making it one of the first networking vendors to achieve IPv6 web presence with its own proven suite of IPv6 networking solutions. This is a significant milestone and serves as a best practice that is shared with customers. With more than a decade of research and development in IPv6 networking solutions, Brocade has a proven history in delivering non-disruptive solutions through its comprehensive set of Ethernet switches, routers and application delivery controllers (ADC) to completely transition or simultaneously support both IPv4 and IPv6 protocols.

"For more than a decade Brocade has been advancing its switching and routing platforms to help lead the charge in IPv6 preparedness," said Dave Stevens, chief technology officer and vice president, corporate development for Brocade. "Brocade has a full suite of products and technologies shipping today that are fully IPv6 capable and our customers are using them to seamlessly migrate their production networks to IPv6. As a leading example, the BROCADE.COM website has been IPv6 enabled for more than a year -- making us one of the first networking vendors to field a native IPv6-compliant Internet presence."
http://newsroom.brocade.com/press-releases/ipv4-addresses-dry-up-brocade-customers-years-ahe-nasdaq-brcd-0765358#.VacvwFpViko

I've forwarded your notes to a contact Brocade.

Frank

Re: Trouble reaching brocade.com over ipv6 [ In reply to ]
Looks like it's working now. My contact reported back to me that the right teams at Brocade were already aware of the issue.

Frank