Mailing List Archive

FW: q-in-q termination
Hi,

I'm trying to terminate the inner vlan of a q-in-q frame onto a routed
interface of a CES/CER router. I have the following setup, which isn't
currently work. I can see the mac of the remote end, but I cannot ping.
Here's what I have so far.

Outer Vlan 3 (0x8100)
Inner Vlan 120 (0x8100)

Ethernet 2/2 q-in-q 'trunk'

Port ethernet 1/24 is physically patched to ethernet 1/23

!
vlan 3 name outervlan

tagged ether 2/2

untagged ether 1/24

!

vlan 120 name innervlan

tagged ether 1/23

router-interface ve 3

!

interface ve 3

ip address 192.168.0.1/30

!

#sh mac-address vlan 120

Total active entries for VLAN: 120 = 1

Type Code - ST:Static SEC:Secure 1x:Dot1x NA: NotAvail A:Allow D:Deny

CCL: Cluster Client Local CCR:Cluster Client Remote CL:Local CR:Remote

Port Type - CEP:Customer Edge PNP:Provider Network BEP:Backbone Edge

BNP:Backbone Network

Vlan Type - C:Customer S:Service B:Backbone I:ISID

MAC Address Port Age VLAN Type FDID TNID ESI

d4ca.6d01.5048 1/23 20 120 Default_ESI

Anyone have any ideas on how I can make this work?

Thanks

Stavros
Re: FW: q-in-q termination [ In reply to ]
Stavros,

I was unable to use the same tag-type on both the inner and outer VLAN
last time I tried this on Brocade devices. It it is a limitation of the
brocade implementation.

You might be able to hack something together using the VPLS q-in-q
support, but you lose some features if you go that route.

--
Eldon Koyle