Mailing List Archive

Brocade MLX with BGP confederations
Hi All,

I am interested to know if anyone has any learnings for using BGP confederations on Brocade MLX's.

We are currently testing various topologies and are keen to get other users to share their experience.

Regards,

Jimmy Stewpot.
Re: Brocade MLX with BGP confederations [ In reply to ]
On 10/10/2014 06:17, Jimmy Stewpot wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am interested to know if anyone has any learnings for using BGP confederations on Brocade MLX's.
>
> We are currently testing various topologies and are keen to get other users to share their experience.
>
> Regards,
>
> Jimmy Stewpot.

Hello Jimmy,

We had to migrate to BGP route reflector instead of BGP confederation
because the BGP vpn doesn't work with confederation.
Outside this problem, we hadn't any other problems with the confederations.

Regards

--
Robin DOUINE
Re: Brocade MLX with BGP confederations [ In reply to ]
Hi Jimmy,

> I am interested to know if anyone has any learnings for using BGP
confederations on Brocade MLX's.

We have confederations in place, within each confederation we have route
reflectors. Within our setup (IPv4 & IPv6 Dual Stack, OSPF, BGP, MPLS,
VLLs) no issues so far, using 5.3, 5.5 and 5.6 software mix with MLX and
CER-RT-ADV.

In case of any question please contact me offlist.

Best regards
Lutz

--
HKN GmbH Tel: +49 211 875505-0
Lutz Knabenreich Fax: +49 211 87550555

Technik Standort:
In der Steele 29
40599 Duesseldorf

Eingetragen am Amtsgericht Krefeld HRB 12335
Geschaeftsfuehrer Lutz Knabenreich