Mailing List Archive

Gracefully remove port from LAG on CER/MLX?
Hey all,

I'm looking to remove one port from an already established LAG group with
1Gbps of traffic on it. I don't want the traffic to just fall on the floor.
I'm wondering if anyone has any confirmation whether disabling a port will
work in any sort of graceful manner, or if I should plan for the worst. I'm
inclined to think it will be service affecting but just curious if there is
some 'magic' to this.

I want to do this on CER platform right now, but also want to know for
general knowledge how this works on MLX platform as well.

Thanks

--

*James Cornman*

*Chief Technology Officer*jcornman@atlanticmetro.net
212.792.9950 - ext 101

*Atlantic Metro Communications, Inc.*

*4 Century Drive, Parsippany NJ 07054*

*Data Centers • Managed Hosting • Internet Access • Cloud Computing*
Follow @atlanticmetro <http://www.twitter.com/atlanticmetro> on Twitter to
learn more about daily specials.
www.atlanticmetro.net
Re: Gracefully remove port from LAG on CER/MLX? [ In reply to ]
Hello James,

On Wed, 2014-10-01 at 11:09 -0400, James Cornman wrote:

> I'm looking to remove one port from an already established LAG group
> with 1Gbps of traffic on it. I don't want the traffic to just fall on
> the floor. I'm wondering if anyone has any confirmation whether
> disabling a port will work in any sort of graceful manner, or if I
> should plan for the worst. I'm inclined to think it will be service
> affecting but just curious if there is some 'magic' to this.
>

> I want to do this on CER platform right now, but also want to know for
> general knowledge how this works on MLX platform as well.

It is supposed to be graceful (add or remove member inside a LAG),
*except* if it is the primary port. If it's the case, you will have to
completely undeploy the LAG, reconfigure it, and re-deploy it.

You can disable the port inside the LAG config, before removing it.

Clément Cavadore