service provider environment, full BGP tables from provider running iBGP
to a mirrored setup to different provider (Dual home to different ISP
topology).
Also with E300 running OSPF on the inside to multiple areas.
Appreciate any info.
thanks
-Ryan

This message contains information for use only by the intended recipient and may be legally privileged, confidential, and/or exempt from disclosure. If you received this message in error, notify the sender immediately and permanently delete this message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. Unless explicitly stated otherwise, this e-mail is not a contract offer, amendment, nor acceptance.
Re: Force10 E300 Terascale question [ In reply to ]
I used to run E300's and E600's with EF generation RPM's and LC's as my edge with the ipv4-320k cam profile and they worked perfectly, each taking about 4-5 full tables until we broke 320k routes in the fib. Since then, they have been relegated to non-full table distribution layer routers.

If you have EG cards, then you can use the 512k cam profile, but who knows how long that will last. Typically these days I have a number of customers who will pick them up off ebay and use them as an edge where they take on-net prefixes and defaults from myself or their other providers.

They also have no problem running with multiple OSPF neighbors in multiple areas:

#sho ip ospf neighbor

Neighbor ID Pri State Dead Time Address Interface Area
xxx.xxx.xxx.22 1 FULL/DR 00:00:34 xxx.xxx.xxx.66 Po 30 2
xxx.xxx.xxx.21 1 FULL/DR 00:00:31 xxx.xxx.xxx.2 Po 20 5
xxx.xxx.xxx.5 128 FULL/DR 00:00:37 xxx.xxx.xxx.42 Po 2 0
xxx.xxx.xxx.3 1 FULL/DR 00:00:36 xxx.xxx.xxx.58 Vl 13 3
xxx.xxx.xxx.8 1 FULL/DR 00:00:36 xxx.xxx.xxx.86 Gi 3/29 1
xxx.xxx.xxx.9 1 FULL/DR 00:00:30 xxx.xxx.xxx.90 Gi 3/30 1
xxx.xxx.xxx.4 128 FULL/DR 00:00:33 xxx.xxx.xxx.117 Po 1 0
xxx.xxx.xxx.11 1 FULL/BDR 00:00:34 xxx.xxx.xxx.58 Po 19 1
xxx.xxx.xxx.10 1 FULL/BDR 00:00:28 xxx.xxx.xxx.130 Po 18 1

Thanks

Sameer Khosla
Managing Director
Neutral Data Centers Corp.