My question is if we swap one extreme switch to force10 switch, can force10 switch making redundancy with extreme switch, before I swap the second extreme switch to second force10?

thx
Kabayan

Re: Swapping Switch to Force10 [ In reply to ]
Hi

> I have planning to swap existing extreme to force10.
> Existing topology is we have twin Redundancy extreme switches.
>
> My question is if we swap one extreme switch to force10 switch, can force10 switch making redundancy with extreme switch, before I swap the second extreme switch to second force10?

What is Your redundancy protocol that You are using now between Your
extreme switches?

Laca
Re: Swapping Switch to Force10 [ In reply to ]
On 10/25/2010 5:33 AM, Kabayan wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I have planning to swap existing extreme to force10.
> Existing topology is we have twin Redundancy extreme switches.
>
> My question is if we swap one extreme switch to force10 switch, can force10 switch making redundancy with extreme switch, before I swap the second extreme switch to second force10?
>
> thx
> Kabayan

That would probably depend upon what mechanism you're using for
redundancy. If it's a proprietary ring protocol such as EAPS, your
migration might take a little bit more planning.

Best,
Peter
Re: Swapping Switch to Force10 [ In reply to ]
I saw extreme configuration, and i didn't found redundancy configuration between two switches. I have guess that the redundancy controlled by PE router because there are twin PE routers too.
I just found that 2 ports at SW1 connect to 2 ports at SW2
Here the simple topology

PE ROUTER1 PE ROUTER2
| |
| |

# Load Sharing Configuration
enable sharing Y:XX grouping Y:XX,Y:XX algorithm port-based
configure lacp keep-alive 10

thx
Kabayan