Mailing List Archive

Packet drops on S50N using VRRP
Has anyone else seen this behaviour:

A pair of S50N's running VRRP to a host.

When I try to write the config to the switch, it drops about 4 seconds
worth of packets while it is writing.

Seems odd, not sure if there are some timers or something else I can
tune to eliminate this behaviour.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Sameer Khosla

Managing Director

Neutral Data Centers Corp.

416 682 3434 x5002 (w)

416 682 3435 (f)
Re: Packet drops on S50N using VRRP [ In reply to ]
I've seen a similar issue. In my case, LACP keep alives get dropped
and port channels go bye-bye during a write mem. It's not always
reproducible but it is definitely an issue.

There's a PR #79439 which is fixed in 8.3.1.3 (S series).

It's a guess, but you may try to get 8.3.1.3 installed and see if it helps.

-M

Re: Packet drops on S50N using VRRP [ In reply to ]
We've run into the "LACP restarts during a write mem" bug too, and it
prevented us from upgrading beyond FTOS 7.7.1.1 for a long time.

I can report that this particular bug has been fixed in the latest versions,
and we are now running on 8.3.1.x, with no real problems after several
weeks.

Sameer, I'd suggest upgrading to the latest code, and see if the problem
still exists.

Adam Waite
Network Engineer
Tuenti Technologies