Switchport mode trunk
?

I'm seeing "vlan-stack trunk", but that seems to be for QinQ.

Re: Quick question from a F10 newb... [ In reply to ]
On 2009-11-06, at 17:52, William S. Duncanson wrote:

> What's the FTOS equivalent to Cisco's:
> Switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
> Switchport mode trunk
> ?
>
> I'm seeing "vlan-stack trunk", but that seems to be for QinQ.

cisco "trunk mode" is default mode on F10, so just add ports to vlan
using

int vlan XXX
tagged Gi0/1

int vlan YYY
tagged Gi0/1

and you're done :)

--
Sylwester Biernacki, CEO
mail: s.biernacki@plix.pl

PLIX Ltd.,
Aleje Jerozolimskie 65/79
00-697 Warsaw
NIP/VAT-ID: PL7010109699

Re: Quick question from a F10 newb... [ In reply to ]
Hi

William S. Duncanson wrote:
> What's the FTOS equivalent to Cisco's:
> Switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
> Switchport mode trunk
> ?

interface vlan 10
untagged gigabitethernet 1/0

interface vlan 20
tagged gigabitethernet 1/0

interface vlan 30
tagged gigabitethernet 1/0

In this case You use the vlan 10 like nativ vlan in ge1/0 and vlan 20
and 30 like taged vlan with dot1q encapsulation. So you need define the
needed vlan on all interface. Not like cisco (permit all vlan in default :)

But you need use the "portmode hybrid" command on ge1/0 if you like use
nativ and tagged vlan on the interface same time.

On port-channel interface you can't use the "portmode hybrid" command!

In the IOS:

interface gigabithetnernet 1/0
switchport
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
switchport trunk native vlan 10
switchport trunk allowed vlan 20,30

Regard

Laszlo Nemeth
Re: Quick question from a F10 newb... [ In reply to ]
William S. Duncanson wrote:
> What's the FTOS equivalent to Cisco's:
> Switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
> Switchport mode trunk
> ?

You can't simply put a port into trunk mode as you do in IOS, you have
to define all the VLANs that you want to carry on that port.
For an access port you do:
int g0/6
switchport
int vlan 123
untagged g0/6

For a trunk port you go:
int g0/6
switchport
int vlan 123
tagged g0/6
int vlan 124
tagged g0/6

and so on. You can also use "int range vlan" to cover many VLANs in one
command. (untagged and tagged relate to the way the ethernet frames are
coming into the switch)

Marcus
Re: Quick question from a F10 newb... [ In reply to ]
Oof, ok. We've got some vlans that aren't contiguous, so it'll be a long
"int range ..." line. But oh well.

Thanks,