Mailing List Archive

IANA IPv4 allocations and bogon updates: 46/8 and 7/8

Greetings Everyone,

The numerous Team Cymru bogon projects have been updated as of 28 MAY
2007 to reflect the following IANA reclamation made in April of 2007:

046/8 Dec 92 IANA - Reserved (Updated - Apr 07)

Note that because the allocation status has changed to 'Reserved' it
is being RE-ADDED to the bogon lists. IANA occasionally reclaims old
address space resulting in it changing from non-bogon to bogon status.

We have also decided to remove 7/8 from our bogon lists. ARIN lists
this space as allocated even though IANA claims that it is reserved.
After talking with both groups we decided it was safest to remove the
netblock from our bogon lists.

arin|US|ipv4|7.0.0.0|16777216|19971124|allocated

(from ftp://ftp.arin.net/pub/stats/arin/delegated-arin-latest)

IANA allocations change over time, so please check regularly to
ensure you have the latest filters if you are not using the bogon BGP
feed(s). We announce any updates to the bogon projects via the bogon-
announce mailing list. We can not stress this point strongly enough
- - these allocations change. If you do not adjust your filters, you
will be unable to access perhaps large portions of the Internet.
Worse yet, you may end up blocking access for people who transit
through you.

Please do not apply any filters or blocks to your network without
carefully considering the ramifications of doing so.

As a point of reference, the Team Cymru master Bogon Reference Page
can be found here:

<http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/>

A quick summary of the documents and projects that have been updated
include the following:

HTTP
The Bogon List
- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-list.html>
The Text Bogon Lists
- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-bn-nonagg.txt>
- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-bn-agg.txt>
Secure BIND Template
- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bind-template.html>
Secure IOS Template (Cisco)
- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-ios-template.html>
Secure BGP Template (Cisco)
- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bgp-template.html>
Secure JUNOS Template (Juniper)
- <http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-template.htm>
Secure JUNOS BGP Template (Juniper)
- <http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-bgp-template.htm>
Ingress Prefix Filter Templates, Loose and Strict (Cisco)
- <ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/isp/security/Ingress-Prefix-
Filter-Templates/>
Ingress Prefix Filter Template, Loose (Juniper)
- <http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-isp-prefix-
filter-loose.htm>
Ingress Prefix Filter Template, Strict (Juniper)
- <http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-isp-prefix-
filter-strict.htm>

BGP
Bogon route-server for AUTOMATED updates of bogon filters
- All bogon route-server peers have already received the
appropriate BGP prefix updates.
- <http://www.cymru.com/BGP/bogon-rs.html>

RADb
fltr-unallocated