Mailing List Archive

IANA IPv4 allocations and bogon updates: 173/8 and 174/8
Greetings Everyone,

The various Team Cymru bogon projects have been updated as of 14 FEB,
2008 to reflect the following IANA allocation change:

173/8 & 174/8 FEB 14 ARIN (whois.arin.net)

IANA allocations change over time, so please check regularly to
ensure you have the latest filters if you are not using the bogon BGP
feed(s). We do announce updates to the bogon projects to sundry
lists, such as the bogon-announce list. We can not stress this point
strongly enough - these allocations change. If you do not adjust
your filters, you will be unable to access perhaps large portions of
the Internet. Worse yet, you may end up blocking access for people
who transit through you.

Please do not apply any filters or blocks to your network without
carefully considering the ramifications of doing so.

As a point of reference, the Team Cymru master Bogon Reference Page
can be found here:

<http://www.cymru.com/Bogons/>

A quick summary of the documents and projects that have been updated
include the following:

HTTP

The Bogon List

- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-list.html>

The Text Bogon Lists

- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-bn-nonagg.txt>

- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/bogon-bn-agg.txt>

Secure BIND Template

- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bind-template.html>

Secure IOS Template (Cisco)

- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-ios-template.html>

Secure BGP Template (Cisco)

- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bgp-template.html>

Secure JUNOS Template (Juniper)

- <http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-template.htm>

Secure JUNOS BGP Template (Juniper)

- <http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-bgp-template.htm>

Secure FTOS Template / Operations Guide (Force10)
- <https://www.force10networks.com/CSPortal20/KnowledgeBase/
Documentation/Nog.pdf>

Secure BGP Template (Force10)
- <http://www.cymru.com/Documents/secure-bgp-template-ftos-
additions.html>

Ingress Prefix Filter Templates, Loose and Strict (Cisco)

- <ftp://ftp-eng.cisco.com/cons/isp/security/Ingress-Prefix-
Filter-Templates/>

Ingress Prefix Filter Template, Loose (Juniper)

- <http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-isp-prefix-
filter-loose.htm>

Ingress Prefix Filter Template, Strict (Juniper)

- <http://www.cymru.com/gillsr/documents/junos-isp-prefix-
filter-strict.htm>

BGP

Bogon route-server for AUTOMATED updates of bogon filters
- All bogon route-server peers have already received the
appropriate BGP prefix updates.

- <http://www.cymru.com/BGP/bogon-rs.html>

RADb

fltr-unallocated